Technology & Social Media | Social Entrepreneurship | Business & Nonprofit Consulting
- Provide accurate and efficient support to retail branch banking employees by answering questions, interpreting and resolving problems related to policy, procedures, legal and compliance.
- Identify and escalates issues that may have widespread implications.
- Use strong retail bank procedural and legal/compliance knowledge base and analytical skills to recommend appropriate, immediate solutions for which there are no documented procedures.
(FORMERLY MEDCO HEALTH SOLUTIONS)
- Provided administrative and project management support to the Vice President of Products and Programs
- Negotiated with external companies to reduce travel, event, & other business costs
- Applied existing technology skills to improve efficiency on site and improve workflow across sites
- Developed and implement training & job aid material to assist employees
- Provided Microsoft office training and “tips & tricks” desk references to improve employee efficacy
- Drafted communication from senior management to local staff
- Organized local employee events, VIP & C-level visits
Assisted nonprofit organizations, create, evaluate and implement technology to improve operation and market to their stakeholders. – Software & Hardware implementation – CMS Installation – Training – Website Planning, Designing, and Implementation
STONEWALL COLUMBUS, INC.
- Provided Administrative support to the Executive Director
- Coordinated logistical aspects of Columbus Pride, one of the largest events in Columbus with more than 150K attendees
- Manage relationships and contracts with sponsors for all aspects of event
- Recruited, managed, trained and addressed the needs of more than 450 volunteers
- Communicated with vendors and parade participants before and during festival
- Managed legal logistics, insurance and city/state permits
- Spearheaded the organization’s effort to build youth programming, organized youth events
- Organized a team of volunteers that registered, encouraged and transported new, unlikely, as well as previously disenfranchised voters to early voting centers during the month leading up to Election Day 2009.
- Logistically coordinated the various components of the Columbus operation such as vans, transportation routes, drivers, volunteers, and solicitors.
- Directly managed 5-10 full-time volunteer simultaneously, banked over 6,000 votes statewide.
- Engaged in activities such as door to door campaigns, and community BBQ’s to “Get Out the Vote.”
- Coordinated with other entities to efficiently share resources.
NETWORK FOR TEACHING ENTREPRENEURSHIP
- Re-created and re-launched the Alumni Website to connect over 175,000 students around the world.
- Created and reviewed website content, processed users, approved submitted content.
- Created and managed “National Ambassador Board” of young entrepreneurs.
- Managed company’s social network profiles.
- Assisted with online fundraising by improving existing technology and utilizing new ones.
- Launched teams of young social entrepreneurs who create projects to benefit their communities.
- Promoted and managed newly launched website.
- Provided virtual training for website.
- Started and managed Youth Advisory Council.
- Coordinated volunteers
THE OHIO STATE UNIVERSITY
CERTIFIED ENTREPRENEURSHIP TEACHER